Leslee Reiter has lived in the Asheville North Carolina area for over 26 years and started Thornton Realty in 2001 where it has been her desire to provide confidential and customized service to her clients, customers and friends. Thornton Realty is a member of the local, state and national boards of Realtors, the regional Multiple Listing Service (MLS), the top national web sites for land and farm sales, and has a large web of professional connections across western North Carolina who are involved either directly or indirectly with the practice of real estate in western North Carolina.
Thornton Realty is nearly 100% referral based.
Leslee has a degree in Industrial Engineering (BS Purdue, 1980) and utilizes these critical thinking skills for the various complexities that invariably crop up in most real estate deals, especially raw land tracts that are located in the western North Carolina mountains. Dovetailing with real estate, Leslee has a special interest in environmental sustainability including solar applications, best land/forestry management practices, native plants and animals of the Southern Appalachians, water and energy conservation, etc.
She has built two homes in Asheville and is a continuous student in the craft of sustainable home design and living. Leslee has also been a Master Gardner since 1985 and enjoys the climate and bio-diversity of the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
Below are some of the Home and Land Sales brokered by Leslee:
- 15-acre farm with farm house in Asheville
- Small cottage near the Grove Park Inn, Asheville North Carolina
- 17-acre tract of land in McDowell County NC, touching Mackie Creek
- Large Arts and Craft home on 11.7 acres ten minutes SE from downtown Asheville
- Completely updated home in Haw Creek, East Asheville, on Leslie Lane
- 34 acres of excellent farm land in Leicester, Willow Creek
- 49-acre land tract in Black Mountain NC , Tree haven Rd (brokered twice)
- 47-acre land tract in Asheville adjacent to Blue Ridge Parkway, (brokered twice)
- 89 acres of mountain land with BIG VIEWS in the Fletcher NC area
- 17.4 acres in Rutherford County, Cedar Creek (brokered twice)
- 163 acres in Madison County, Revere area
- 170 acres north of Marion in the North Cove community
- 92 acres in Candler off Billy Cove with two homes
- 300 acres near Bryson City in Swain County of the Alarka area
- 850 acres in Swain County-- the largest privately held land tract in the county with 2 houses and lake. Locally known as “The Tree Farm”.
- 256-acre farm in Madison County NC located in the Walnut Creek area
- 209 acres of mountain land, Madison County in the area referred to as “Devil’s Den” off of Walnut Creek Road, Marshall North Carolina
- 26 acres in Madison County NC which was the other half of a beautiful cove located near Mars Hill North Carolina.
- 102 acres in Jackson County in the Cullowhee area which overlooks Western Carolina University
- 161 acres, Leicester North Carolina
- 17 acres, farm land, Leicester NC
- 253 acres, Leicester NC—Sandymush area
- 121 acres, Leicester NC, Sandymush area
- 70 acres, Madison County North Carolina, Shelton Laurel—adjacent to USFS lands and huge waterfall!
- 57 acres, Weaverville NC in the Paint fork area
- 37 acres, Fairview NC on Old Fort Rd
- 45 acres, Fairview NC in the desirable Brush Creek area
- 15 acres, Fairview NC, fantastic riverfront property on Cane Creek
- 4 acres, Mills River North Carolina—another fantastic river front property
- 3.1 acre lot, Fletcher NC
- 16-acre lot, Fletcher NC
- 4-acre lot, Fletcher NC
- 5 acres plus cabin, Fairview North Carolina located on a super one-acre pond
- 7.5 acres, commercial property, Asheville NC located near Biltmore Mall
- 35 acres, commercial acreage, Asheville (brokered twice)
- 164 acres, Hot Springs area of Madison County NC
- 56 acres, Dix Creek, Leicester NC
- 35 acres, Cedar Creek, Rutherford County NC
- 160 acres, Henderson County NC, HWY 64
- 12 acres, Henderson County NC, Skipper’s Ridge—land locked property
- The Audubon Tract—101 acres located in Rutherford NC and McDowell NC Counties (brokered twice). This tract has a nice pond with outstanding privacy.
Below are just a few comments from previous clients:
“Leslee advised me on an acquisition of 216 acres with 2 houses on it. She provided comps on other properties which helped establish a value before purchasing. She followed every detail and managed the closing process including finding a 3 acre parcel that the attorney had not been properly recorded. She also provided information on zoning, taxes, and county requirements on placing land in the forestry use program and helped coordinate consultants such as the surveyor and the forester. She made a complicated 30 day closing possible. I have been in the real estate development business in the southeast for 45 years and would put her at the top of all the brokers I have worked with. John Burriss, Columbia, SC, August 2012”
“Leslee Reiter is a great asset to any buyer or seller in todays real estate market. She goes over and beyond her responsibilities, adding a special personal touch that assures you she is looking after your best interests. We have used her several times and would highly recommend her. We look forward to continuing our business relationship and friendship with Leslee in the future! Mike and Margaret Duckett, Leicester, NC, March 2013”
- Prior to entering the real estate field, Leslee was involved with the following:
- Trout Ranching. Raised rainbow trout for possible commercial development but activity turned into a hobby with some excellent trout suppers.
- Grant writing and Project Development. Leslee had substantial early involvement with the EcoDorm at Warren Wilson College and wrote grants for primarily environmental projects. Leslee also assisted other organizations in the Asheville area including Buncombe County, Mountain Organic Mulch, WNC Multiple Use Council, Writing’s Workshop of Asheville, etc.
- Project/Program Development-- Environmental Quality Institute, UNCA. Assisted with research projects and started the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program in the Asheville area.
- Water Efficiency Coordinator-- Asheville, Buncombe and Henderson Counties Water Authority. Managed and implemented the first water conservation program for the city of Asheville NC. In less than two years this program garnered an award from the United States EPA and this new successful program was a leader for other cities across the state of North Carolina.
- Boulder Energy Center-- focused on water and energy conservation activities. Performed energy audits, public workshops and helped land owners site homes for optimal solar gain.
- US Environmental Protection Agency—Leslee started off in the San Francisco office as an environmental engineer but transferred to the Denver region to implement the Safe Drinking Water Program for the state of Wyoming.
Leslee lives in Asheville North Carolina and has three fantastic daughters and two wonder dogs named Bobo and Annie Mae. She is an avid gardener and enjoys yoga, hiking and cooking delicious food for her friends and family.
If you need information about any of our services, please call Leslee at 828-230-5734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org